Red Lion Foods ("Red Lion Foods", "our" or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data Red Lion Foods collects from you, or that you provide to Red Lion Foods, will be processed by Red Lion Foods. Please read the following carefully to understand Red Lion Foods' views and practices regarding your personal data and how Red Lion Foods will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Red Lion Foods.
1. Information we may collect from you
Red Lion Foods may collect and process the following data about you:
- (a) information that you provide by filling in forms on the website www.Red Lion Foods.co.uk ("Website"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to the service, posting material or requesting further services. Red Lion Foods may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Red Lion Foods Limited, and when you report a problem with the Website.
- (b) if you contact Red Lion Foods, they may keep a record of that correspondence.
- (c) Red Lion Foods may also ask you to complete surveys that Red Lion Foods use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- (d) details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses and cookies
Red Lion Foods may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about their users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.For the same reason, Red Lion Foods may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help Red Lion Foods to improve their Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Red Lion Foods:
- (a) to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- (b) to store information about your preferences, and so allow them to customise the Website according to your individual interests.
- (c) to speed up your searches.
- (d) to recognise you when you return to the Website.
3. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to Red Lion Foods is stored on their secure servers. Where Red Lion Foods have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Red Lion Foods ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Red Lion Foods will do their best to protect your personal data, they cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website;any transmission is at your own risk. Once Red Lion Foods have received your information, they will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Uses made of the information
Red Lion Foods use information held about you in the following ways:
- (a) to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- (b) to provide you with information, products or services that you request from Red Lion Foods or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- (c) to carry out their obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Red Lion Foods.
- (d) to allow you to participate in interactive features of the service, when you choose to do so.
- (e) to notify you about changes to the service.
Red Lion Foods may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want Red Lion Foods to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Red Lion Foods collect your data.
5. Disclosure of your information
Red Lion Foods may disclose your personal information to any member of their group, which means their subsidiaries, their ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act 2006. In addition Red Lion Foods may disclose your personal information to an associated company of Red Lion Foods and/or the Red Lion Foods group.
Red Lion Foods may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- (a) in the event that Red Lion Foods sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Red Lion Foods may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- (b) if Red Lion Foods or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Red Lion Foods will be one of the transferred assets.
- (c) if Red Lion Foods are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Red Lion Foods, their customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask Red Lion Foods not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Red Lion Foods will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if they intend to use your data for such purposes or if they intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Red Lion Foods use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Red Lion Foods at email@example.com
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Red Lion Foods' partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Red Lion Foods do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Red Lion Foods' costs in providing you with details of the information they hold about you.