Preparation time: 15 minutes approx.
- 200g Red Lion Foods chicken slices
- 1 Cos or Romaine lettuce
- 200g white bread
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 200g Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 250g mayonnaise
- Anchovy fillets (in oil)
- 1 clove garlic
Cooking Time: 10 minutes approx.
Short of time?
Buy ready-made croutons for a no-cook option.
- Slice the chicken into strips. Wash and dry the lettuce and tear it into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the bread into 1-2cm cubes, place on a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Bake in a medium oven (150 degrees) for 8 - 10 minutes, turning half way through, until golden andthen set aside.
- Grate 150g of the cheese into a food processor and combine with the vinegar, mustard and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Finely slice 2 anchovy fillets, crush the garlic and add to the mayonnaise mixture. Pour in 50ml olive oil, season with pepper and blend until well combined.
- Place the lettuce in a bowl and pour on some of the dressing and gently mix. Place the lettuce on a large platter, add the chicken, and pour over any remaining dressing. Sprinkle with the croutons and remaining parmesan (grated or thinly sliced) and place 4 anchovy fillets on top.
- Serve with crusty bread.