Preparation time: 15 minutes approx.
For the meat sauce:
- 2 tins of Red Lion Minced Beef and Onion
For the white sauce:
- 85g butter
- 85g plain flour
- 750ml milk
- 250g pack Fresh Lasagne
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
Cooking Time: 50 minutes approx.
Take 125g ball of mozzarella, tear into thin strips, then scatter over the top before going into the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4.
- First make the white sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in plain flour, then cook for 2 mins. Slowly whisk in the milk, then bring to the boil, stirring. Turn down the heat and cook until the sauce starts to thicken and coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- To assemble the lasagne, lightly oil the bottom of a medium-sized ovenproof serving dish. Spoon over a third of the Red Lion Minced beef and onion sauce, then cover with lasagne sheets. Drizzle over about one quarter of the white sauce. Repeat until you have 3 layers of pasta. Cover the top with the remaining white sauce, making sure you can't see any pasta poking through. Then sprinkle over the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling and golden on top. Serve immediately with a salad or green vegetables.